Boys & Girls Club of Janesville is part of a national movement that has served our nation’s youth since 1860. The Janesville Club was formed in 1989 by community members who were passionate about providing opportunities for youth to be successful, and began operating out of the trunk of a car.
1989 The Club operated out of Jackson, Madison, Monroe, and Wilson elementary schools, serving youth in grades 3 to 5.
1990 The Club moved to a rented facility in Janesville’s downtown, allowing the Club to expand the types of activities offered. As a result, membership grew considerably, and the ages of youth served expanded.
1993 The City of Janesville provided the Boys & Girls Club with a Community Development Block Grant that assisted the Club with the purchase of their own facility at 407 West Van Buren Street. Owning its own building gave the Club an identity of its own and allowed the continued expansion of services.
1999 The Club moved to our current location at 200 West Court Street with assistance from the City of Janesville and with a capital campaign conducted jointly with the YMCA of Northern Rock County.
2022 We have grown to serve hundreds of youth in our community and will continue to grow to meet the needs of children and teens in our area.