The Club provides scholarships to Janesville middle school students to take an all-expenses paid trip to Washington D.C. each year. This opportunity is possible due to funding from Herb Kohl Philanthropies. Interested students submit a scholarship application to Boys & Girls Club of Janesville in the spring and must meet all additional requirements for the trip.
What does the student need to do?
- Complete the application form
- Get a letter of recommendation from a teacher, Club staff, or community member
- Turn everything in (TBD 2023) to Boys & Girls Club, 200 West Court Street in Janesville.
- Applications will be reviewed by a team and families will be notified by phone
- Join Boys & Girls Club of Janesville and remain a member through the summer ($10 total cost of membership)
- Attend six weeks or more of “Career Launch” through the Club, to get to know other members going and the chaperones
- If these requirements are not met, the scholarship will be revoked and an alternate will be selected. Alternates must fulfil the same requirements
Application Deadline: TBD 2023
Check out the Washington DC Trip – Boys & Girls Club of Janesville Facebook group for pictures of previous trips.
On behalf of Boys & Girls Club of Janesville and Herb Kohl Philanthropies, we look forward to reviewing your child’s completed application packet!
Contact Addie at 608-755-0575 or AMayfield@bgcjanesville.org for more information.