In 2022, our Club traveled to Washington D.C. with 32 Janesville middle school students thanks to scholarships made possible by a grant from Herb Kohl Philanthropies. We had hopes of continuing our Washington DC trip this summer, however Herb Kohl Philanthropies has changed their process. It is our understanding at this time that we will be eligible to apply for the grant for summer of 2024. We will update this page as we learn more about this new process.
Future Travel Dates
What does the student need to do?
- Complete the application form
- Get a letter of recommendation from a teacher, Club staff, or community member
- Turn everything in (TBD 2023) to Boys & Girls Club, 200 West Court Street in Janesville.
- Applications will be reviewed by a team and families will be notified by phone
- Join Boys & Girls Club of Janesville and remain a member through the summer ($10 total cost of membership)
- Attend six weeks or more of “Career Launch” through the Club, to get to know other members going and the chaperones
- If these requirements are not met, the scholarship will be revoked and an alternate will be selected. Alternates must fulfil the same requirements
Contact Addie at 608-755-0575 or AMayfield@bgcjanesville.org for more information.